Outcrop Gold Corp. is a Canadian company actively exploring for precious metals in Colombia and looking to expand into other high opportunity jurisdictions. Our offices are in Vancouver, Canada and Medellin, Colombia. Our primary listing is on the Toronto Venture exchange under the symbol OCG. In addition, our shares are listed in the United States (OTCPK: MRDD.F) and in Germany (DB: MRG1; ISIN: CA6900221087).
Outcrop Gold follows the “prospect generator joint venture business model. “We leverage our intellectual capital within our highly experienced team to generate and acquire high quality exploration targets. We then attract funding from joint venture partners. This allows Outcrop to test multiple exploration targets, while preserving its treasury. The advantage of this business model to our investors is, that they hold numerous “lottery tickets” to participate in a discovery, in contrast to many exploration companies with a single project that is advanced entirely with internal funds. The concept is to let our partners fund most of the exploration expenditures in return for giving up project interest.
Outcrop Gold acquires prospective ground and does early stage mineral exploration such as geologic mapping, geochemistry and geophysics to generate targets. Joint venture partners then fund more advanced capital-intensive exploration work such as drilling.
The joint venture agreements are normally structured so that partners can earn a majority stake in the project over several years in exchange for cash or share payments and committed exploration expenditures.
In a few instances Outcrop Gold will deviate from the prospect generator model when an exceptional risk to reward proposition presents itself. In this case Outcrop may decide to fund a drilling campaign by itself.
• Strong management team with decades of worldwide exploration and mining expertise and experience in the management and financing of public companies.
• Employing the prospect generator model thus providing shareholder exposure to numerous gold exploration projects while at the same time preserving our capital.
• Focused on frontier areas with a high discovery rate, with the emphasis on discovering world-class gold deposits.
• A portfolio of Colombian projects that include drill ready, outcropping mineralized systems that can attract the interest of major mining companies.
• A joint venture agreement with Newmont Mining Corporation on the Lyra project, located next to Continental Gold’s high grade Buritica project (Newmont owns 19.9% of Continental). Buritica is currently under construction and hosts a resource of 5.32 million ounces Gold at 10.32 g Au/t Measured & Indicated and 6.02 million in the inferred category.
• Cheap option to acquire a 3.3% NSR on the Lucky Shot Mine in Alaska which could be monetized or held for future cash flow.